Thursday, March 31, 2011

At the Flip house today... 

I met with my plumber, Steve, and discover that most of the pipes have burst from the cold and need to be replaced...didn't realize the piping was going to be as bad as it is. $$$

Installing a new boiler... I knew this beforehand, so it is within my budget.

Lining the Chimney today... as it is not up to code without a liner. $$

Getting the bones of the house up to par is the not so fun part.
Off to a bit of a rocky start, but I always plan for the unexpected so hopefully we can still do most everything we want to do. Considering the amount of plumbing and heating costs are higher than anticipated, I may decide to forgo replacing all of the windows in the house and only replace a portion of them.  We will see how things pan out....

No comments:

Post a Comment