This pumpkin carriage is super sweet!
What You'll Need:
1- 12" tall pumpkin
4- 4" tall gourds
4- ornate drawer pulls
3- ornate metal belt buckles
1- ornate lamp finial
2- 1/4" dowel rods (cut to the approx. diameter of your pumpkin)
Pencil or marker
Heavy-gauge florist's wire
Cordless drill fitted with 1/4" bit
1. Trace the inside of each belt buckle onto the pumpkin and cut to create openings for two windows and a door.
2. Glue the hardware over the openings.
3. Remove or cut down the stem until it's even with the flesh of the pumpkin, and twist the finial into the top.
4. Drill a hole through the center of each gourd.
5. Insert one dowel rod into the holes of two gourds to create an axle, and secure with glue. Repeat to create a second set of wheels.
6. Finish off all four wheels by inserting a drawer pull into the outside hole of each gourd for hubcaps.
7. Line up the two sets of wheels next to each other at about the same width as your pumpkin. Then wrap wire from one dowel rod to the other to fasten the axles together and to create a webbing for the pumpkin carriage to sit on.
8. Gently place your carriage on the wire.